Learning English as a second language has a variety of benefits, which will hopefully keep students inspired and motivated through the educational process. Many people focus on learning English to help them in business or professional situations. However, here are some “fun” places where your new English education can be utilized.
- Books – you will be able to access books that are written by the original American writers, as well as the British authors without needing the services of a translator. There is the great chance to read the classic writers, like Shakespeare and Dickens in their original language. In this way, you can enjoy the beauty of their writing in its original format, without losing any information or context in translation.
- Magazines – many of the most popular magazines across the world are written in English, such as Time, Cosmopolitan, The Economist, and many more.
- Movies – learning English will enable you to watch English language movies in their native language, and you can hear the original soundtrack not being altered by subtitles or vocal translations. There are various English slang words and phrases that are more colorful when heard in their original format then trying to translate them into another language.
- Music – allows you to truly understand what your favorite singer is playing on the radio or on the collection of CDs that you have bought. Many popular songs are actually sung in the English language and once you know English you can easily translate them to have a better understanding of both the tune and the lyrics.
- Travel – learning English language gives you the possibility to more easily travel to countries like the USA, Canada, Australia, England, and New Zealand. But the list doesn’t stop here, as you can go in various corners of the world and interact with the native people from there, as many of them have at least a few notions of English language. If you are lost in a foreign city, you may be able to ask for directions in English in case you do not have the traveling guide with you.
- Satisfaction – you can say that one can get a certain satisfaction when learning a foreign language, and if that language is widely used across the globe it is even better. You can feel the degree of satisfaction whenever you watch an English movie, whenever you listen to an English song and when you complete a book of Shakespearean sonnets.
Those are some great benefits to keep in mind to keep motivation levels high while learning English. Good luck!